MUTCH SURNAME WEBSITE - Forum

A resource for communication amongst researchers of the Mutch surname roots in NE Scotland.......

You are not logged in.

Announcement

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS UNDER A SPAMMING ATTACK

If you are a real person who has registered and not received a confirmation email, please contact the Webmaster directly by email so that I can help you.

#1 24 Nov 2009 21:56

flss

Elspet Mutch

Elspet Mutch was born 15th March 1791. I got her date of birth from an old birthday book handed down through the generations & now in the hands of my mother in law. I have been able to identify most of the names as family. Elspet's d.o.b. was the earliest in the book. In the 1841 & 1851 censuses I found Elspet Mutch at Auchleuchries,Cruden. In 1851 she is down as the head of the house,unmarried,aged 60 & a stocking knitter born in Cruden parish. In 1861 census she's still there,knitting stockings,with an 84 year old boarder,Christian Arthur. Elspet died on December 25th 1865 at Muirtack. The informant was John Loggan, farmer & husband of her grandaughter, Jane Marr. Her parents were,according to the death certificate,William Mutch,farmer, & Elizabeth Arthur,domestic servant. It states on Elspet's d.c. that she was a domestic servant,single,& illegitimate. She had an illegitimate daughter in 1811 & was known as Elspet Arthur, not Mutch. Can anyone help me identify her?

Last edited by flss (29 Nov 2009 01:06)

#2 24 Nov 2009 23:05

flss

Re: Elspet Mutch

I have just viewed Elspet Mutch's will. She left everything to her natural daughter Jane Marr (nee Davidson).There is no mention of any other family.

Last edited by flss (29 Nov 2009 01:07)

Board footer