MUTCH SURNAME WEBSITE - Forum

A resource for communication amongst researchers of the Mutch surname roots in NE Scotland.......

You are not logged in.

Announcement

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS UNDER A SPAMMING ATTACK

If you are a real person who has registered and not received a confirmation email, please contact the Webmaster directly by email so that I can help you.

#1 15 Jan 2016 05:51

Annandale01

Re James Mutch W33 on this site Mutches in Scotland

My great grandmother, Mary Murdoch, married James Mutch on 8 March 1892.  On 3 December that year she gave birth to their daughter, Annie Mutch.  James passed away at Doonholm Lodge, Ayr in January 1893.  At some point after James's death, Mary returned to Dalmellington, Ayrshire where she and her son, William Murdoch, were in business together owing and operating a newsagent and stationer's shop.  William Murdoch, his wife and family lived at 16 High Main Street, Dalmellington prior to relocating to Dumfriesshire in the 1930s.  Any information on the family would be of interest. I believe that Mary and James's daughter Annie Mutch married a David Brown who also resided in Dalmellington.

Last edited by Annandale01 (20 Feb 2016 17:27)

#2 20 Feb 2016 00:19

admin
Administrator

Re: Re James Mutch W33 on this site Mutches in Scotland

Thanks for posting the information on this family.

As you can see on the website Jan Stewart gives James' death as 1893, whereas you have 1873. Do you have a copy of the death record?

I'll be happy to add your information to the website if you send me more details by email.

#3 20 Feb 2016 17:30

Annandale01

Re: Re James Mutch W33 on this site Mutches in Scotland

Apologies for the typo which I've changed from 1872/73 to 1892/93. I have a copy of James Mutch's Will. Mary Murdoch Mutch was the executor and beneficiary.

Board footer