MUTCH SURNAME WEBSITE - Forum

A resource for communication amongst researchers of the Mutch surname roots in NE Scotland.......

You are not logged in.

Announcement

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS UNDER A SPAMMING ATTACK

If you are a real person who has registered and not received a confirmation email, please contact the Webmaster directly by email so that I can help you.

#1 05 Mar 2007 00:25

Jared and Christina Olar

Mutch family in Illinois (Margaret, William, Alexander)

My wife Christina's great-grandmother was Margaret Elsie Mutch, born 21 July 1882, died Feb. 1965, wife of Herbert Benjamin Riggs, who died 21 April 1962 in Jacksonville, Illinois.

Margaret was the daughter of William Mutch and Clara Sooey, died 17 Dec. 1890 (daughter of Hamilton Sooey, died 1923, and Margaret Reaughs).

William Mutch was born 25 Oct. 1857 in Canada (we don't know where in Canada) and died 26 Jan. 1900 in Morgan County, Illinois.

William was the son of Alexander "Sandy" Mutch, born 1834 in Scotland, died 1882. Sandy's wife was Margaret Thompson. At present that's about all we know about my wife's Mutch ancestors.

Today a researcher at Ancestry.com's Mutch board advised me to do a search at Mutches.com for Alexander Mutch and Margaret Thompson.  This is what I found:

http://www.mutches.com/fl.php?id=600

"Alexander Mutch born 23 December 1833 christened 10 January 1834 in the parish of Cruden - died 1882"

That does seem to match my wife's ancestor Alexander "Sandy" Mutch who married Margaret Thompson. The information I was given by one of my wife's cousins (a fellow Mutch descendant) says Sandy Mutch was born in Scotland in 1834 and died 1882, and married Margaret Thompson. I think we may have found our Mutches in Scotland, but to be sure I would like to find out what else might be known about the Alexander Mutch of Cruden parish.

#2 16 Mar 2007 05:09

Jared and Christina Olar

Re: Mutch family in Illinois (Margaret, William, Alexander)

My most heartfelt thanks to Harry for supplying me with information from the 1929 "Genealogy of the Mutch Family" which confirms the ancestry of my wife's ancestor Alexander Mutch (1833-1882).

#3 18 Nov 2009 14:52

echo

Re: Mutch family in Illinois (Margaret, William, Alexander)

Cole Mutch married Josephine ( I don't know the whether it was directly the Grants or a specific Norwegian in the early nineteenth century) had many children. Notably George Mutch and Jack Mutch (oldest longshoreman (b. 1942)) of Prince Rupert B.C. Canada.

Board footer