William Mutch born 1795 christened 10 April 1795 in the parish of Culsalmond - died 16 January 1878 at Wardhaugh in the parish of Inverkeithny, Banff
~ His father was David Mutch [D1]
~ Spouse Mary Anderson born 20 December 1795 in the parish of Culsalmond
They married 4 May 1823 in the parish of Forgue
~ Children were:
- Barbara born 24 July 1823 christened 3 August 1823 in the parish of Forgue - died 12 July 1865 in the parish of Monquhitter. Married David Thom.
- John [J68] born 1826 christened 26 August 1826 in the parish of Culsalmond - died 1853 in the parish of Culsalmond. Married Isabella MacKenzie.
- Jane born 1828 christened 22 August 1828 in the parish of Culsalmond - died 1856. Had a relationship with William Mathieson.
- Mary born 1830 christened 15 July 1830 in the parish of Culsalmond. Married John Henderson.
- Margaret born 1832 christened 4 October 1832 in the parish of Culsalmond - died 1904. Had a relationship with William Duncan.
- Elspet born 1834 christened 14 May 1834 in the parish of Culsalmond - died 1924. Had a relationship with Andrew Jamieson.
- James born 7 May 1837 christened 17 May 1837 in the parish of Culsalmond - died 1921 in the parish of Inverurie. Had a relationship with Jane Castle.
- Agnes born 16 May 1840 christened 29 May 1840 in the parish of Culsalmond - died 1920. Married William Adam.
This family line is listed a B2 in the 1929 Mutch Genealogy. William's parents are given as David + Jean Singer.
Further details have been taken from the GenCircles listings posted by James M Hay.
John, Jane, Mary and Margaret's births are registered with mother's name as May Anderson.
I think I have found this family in the 1841 census farming at Sauchenloan, Culsalmond.
I now have a copy of William's death registration which confirms his wife's and parent's names.
Added some more details on daughter Barbara's family taken from a memorial erected in Monquhitter cemetery by her husband David Thom.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.